Create a mobile compatible test
1. Important information
This guide is for staff members creating mobile compatible tests, designed for use via the Blackboard App.
Why use a mobile compatible test?
Mobile compatible tests may be useful for formative quizzes, or as a basic polling mechanism within your module.
- You can only create mobile compatible tests in MyBeckett using a desktop computer. You can't create a mobile test using a mobile device.
- Mobile tests are designed to work best within the Blackboard App. Mobile web browsers e.g. Safari on the iPad will display the desktop view.
- When creating a mobile compatible tests, you are limited to seven question types that work within the app.
- Tests with only mobile compatible questions are automatically available for students in the Blackboard App. Tests containing non-mobile question types aren't available for students via the Blackboard App (just via a web browser).
2. Create a mobile test shell
3. Create a new question
4. Question types supported by mobile tests
Seven question types are available in mobile compatible tests.
- True / False: Students choose whether something is true or false.
- Multiple Choice: Students pick one correct answer from a selection of answers.
- Short Answer: Students type a free-form response.
- Hot Spot: Students click an area of a picture. The correct answer is set by pixel coordinates.
- Fill in Multiple Blanks: Students enter missing values in the text. Values they enter are compared against the answers.
- File Response (image only): Students upload a file from their computer to answer a question
- Calculated Numeric: Requires a numeric answer to a question. Similar to a fill in the blank question.
5. True / False question
a. Add a True / False question from the Add Question drop-down.
b. Type the Question in the box.
c. Select True or False as the correct answer.
d. Assign a Points value (how many points is this question worth).
6. Multiple Choice question
7. Short Answer question
8. Hot Spot question
9. Fill in Multiple Blanks question
10. File Response question
11. Calculated Numeric question
This feedback form is for web page URLs that begin with teachlearn.leedsbeckett.ac.uk. For other pages / comments, please use the What's Your View form on the page.