Module navigation menu
1. About the module navigation menu
The module navigation menu is on the left of the MyBeckett interface. This is the menu that students will use to navigate the various sections of your module. It comes prepopulated with some links to useful tools and resources.
When you click on a link in the module navigation menu, it will either:
- Open up a website or file in a new tab in your web browser or
- Open up a corresponding tool / content area in the centre of your module.
2. Overview of the default module menu
We review and update the default module menu every year. For example, we have added the following sections:
- Notifications: Academic staff feedback indicated that colleagues wanted more efficient communication options. This section can be used for notifications, announcements, and module community discussion boards.
- Module Content: To provide structure to students include your module content in this section, with a separate content area for each week.
- Assessment: Queries to the Learning Systems team indicate many students are unsure where to find information about assignment submission, particularly Turnitin and resources relating to Academic Integrity / referencing / citation. Include your assignment information and submissions folders within this section to ensure consistency across modules. The staff/student guides to setup and submission are also included as default.
- Library Resources: We’ve included some links to resources that students may find useful; add any others relevant to your module to this list.
- My Module Evaluation: This links to a module evaluation survey.
3. Add a new menu item
4. Rename, delete or hide a menu item
This feedback form is for web page URLs that begin with teachlearn.leedsbeckett.ac.uk. For other pages / comments, please use the What's Your View form on the page.