- Teaching and Learning Activities
- Development and Training
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Quick Links (A-F)
Quick Links (G-Z)
MyBeckett induction information
1. Book a MyBeckett induction
You can book an induction using a form on the Training tab in MyBeckett. Our sessions are 15 to 20 minutes long, depending on student questions.
Please note that we process requests on a first come, first served basis. If we are unable to deliver an induction during your requested time slot, we will contact you to arrange an alternative.
a. Log into MyBeckett with your staff username and password.
b. Go to the Training tab.
c. Locate the Book a MyBeckett/Turnitin Induction for Students box.
d. Click Book.
e. Complete the booking request form, filling in all fields.
2. Summary of topics
During our MyBeckett induction sessions we take students on a brief tour of MyBeckett, showing them what’s essential to them at the start of their course. You can get an idea of the content from the list below.
- Brief introduction to MyBeckett – what it is, where to find it, how to log in, what to do if students can’t log in.
- Student email and timetable.
- Module list – how to access it, what to do if it seems to be incorrect.
- Accessing files from home with web files / OneDrive / Google Drive
- Password manager / updating student data.
- Print top-up and campus card PIN.
- Library help site – where to go for guides / video guides.
- Blackboard app – what it is, how to get it.
3. Video induction
This feedback form is for web page URLs that begin with teachlearn.leedsbeckett.ac.uk. For other pages / comments, please use the What's Your View form on the page.