- Teaching and Learning
- Development and Training
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Quick Links (A-F)
Quick Links (G-Z)
Step by step guides for staff
What is Turnitin?
This page contains links to staff guides for Turnitin. Student guides are available on the Library website.
Turnitin is a suite of online submission, text matching and feedback tools available via MyBeckett. All level 4 and 7 student written assignments should be submitted via Turnitin to comply with University policy. More information about the policy can be found on the University Academic Integrity pages.
Need more help?
- Our contact details are available at the bottom of each guide, and on the About Learning Systems page.
- Staff can book face-to-face training and webinars via People Development. Online training modules are also available for some topics.
- Our staff guides contain recommended settings for Turnitin assignments.
Create and edit assignments
A. Before you start
B. Set up an assignment
- Create an assignment with recommended settings
- Create a collaborative assignment for sub-groups
- Set up an assignment for marking by different tutors
- Anonymous assignments
- Edit an assignment
- Recycle a Turnitin assignment
C. Prepare marking and feedback tools
- Create and attach a rubric
- Create and attach a grading form
- Manage QuickMark sets
- Import and export QuickMarks and rubrics / grading forms
Submission and originality
- View submissions and originality reports
- Academic Integrity and originality explained
- Paper view requests
- Manage late submissions, extensions and mitigation
- Delete a student's submission
- Submit on behalf of a student
Marks and feedback
- Get started with Feedback Studio
- Hide marks from students (settings checklist)
- Mark submissions in Feedback Studio
- Leave feedback for students
- Release feedback to students
- Print submissions
- Bulk download student submissions
- iPad app: Mark papers and leave feedback on the go
- Reactivate a read-only assignment
- Second / multiple marking