- Teaching and Learning Activities
- Development and Training
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Quick Links (A-F)
Quick Links (G-Z)
Step by step guides
What is Turnitin?
Turnitin is a suite of online submission, text matching and feedback tools. All level 4 and 7 student written assignments should be submitted via Turnitin to comply with University policy. More information about the policy can be found on the University Academic Integrity pages.
From 1 August 2017, Turnitin submissions will open in a new interface called Feedback Studio. For more information about Feedback Studio, including an interactive demo, see our Getting Started guide.
Student guides are available on the Library website.
Create and edit assignments
Submission and originality1. View submissions and originality reports
2. Academic Integrity and originality explained
3. Manage late submissions, extensions and mitigation
4. Divide students into Sub-groups for marking by multiple tutors
5. Delete a student's submission
Marks and feedback
1. Get started with Feedback Studio
2. Mark submissions in Feedback Studio
3. Leave feedback for students
4. Release feedback to students
5. Print submissions
6. Bulk download student submissions
7. iPad app: Mark papers and leave feedback on the go
8. Reactivate a read-only assignment
9. Second / multiple marking
Peer assessment (PeerMark)1. Create a PeerMark assignment
2. Read and mark peer reviews
3. Print a PeerMark review