Get started with Feedback Studio
This guide provides an overview of Feedback Studio, which replaces the existing Turnitin document viewer interface for all users from 1 August 2017.
Feedback Studio provides a simplified layout with improved access to similarity, marking and feedback tools.
2. What's new?
After the August upgrade, Turnitin submissions will open for marking in Feedback Studio.
- If you have previously used Turnitin, you may find it useful to watch a video comparison highlighting the key differences between Feedback Studio and Turnitin Classic.
- You can explore the different features of Feedback Studio via an interactive tutorial, allowing you to experience marking and grading an example paper online.
Your students will also benefit from the new layout when accessing similarity reports, marks and feedback.
The Feedback Studio interface is less cluttered and more intuitive than the previous version.
Instead of multiple menus, a full list of similarity, marking and feedback tools is available on the right of the document viewer. This means you can activate and layer different features using buttons on one convenient side panel.
It is easy to move between student submissions using the arrows at the top right of the document viewer. There is also a drop-down list that you can use to select from all submissions for the assignment.
On the left, you can open a thumbnail pane to preview and jump to different pages within a student's submission.
Quick access to contextual feedback tools
You can click anywhere on the document to leave feedback using shortcuts to the Quick Mark, comment or inline text tools. You can also apply formatting and add hyperlinks to your comments.
3. Focus on feedback
As well as checking for text matches, Feedback Studio offers a range of tools that you can use to support and engage with your students. You can find out more in our leaving feedback guide.
Inline text and bubble comments
- Link feedback directly to text.
- Provide specific feedback in context.
- Include hyperlinks in bubble comments.
- Drag and drop QuickMarks onto text.
- Build a set of frequently used comments.
- Save time, especially for large groups.
- Record up to 3 minutes of audio.
- Provide personal, engaging feedback.
- Structure feedback against meaningful criteria and learning objectives.
- Use sliders to provide consistent feedback across groups/markers.
This feedback form is for web page URLs that begin with teachlearn.leedsbeckett.ac.uk. For other pages / comments, please use the What's Your View form on the page.