You can assign other tutors in a module to mark sets of student submissions.
These tutors are called delegated markers. They follow the same marking steps as the module leader, but the assignment submissions they see are based on options chosen by the module leader.
Once all delegated markers have provided marks and feedback, one or more tutors review the marking to determine a final mark (reconcile it).
You can combine delegated and anonymous marking so that when viewing delegated marking sets, student names are hidden.
2. Enable delegated marking
a. When you create an assignment, click the Grading Options section.
b. Tick the Enable Delegated Marking box. You can view a list of potential markers. Use the Show drop-down to filter the list.
c. Use the drop-down list next to each marker’s name to assign submissions. You can assign:
- All Submissions
- Random Set: Mark a random set of the selected number of students. If multiple markers are assigned to mark a random set, students are distributed evenly.
- Groups: Mark all students in selected Sub-groups.
d. In the Reconcile Grades column, view who can determine the final mark and feedback for each student. All instructors can reconcile grades.
If you select two delegated markers and assign each them a random set of submissions, they're notified and only see submissions that are part of their individual random sets. These notifications appear in the following areas:
- You only see your set of assignments to mark, not assignments delegated to others.
- The needs grading icon appears in cells only for the assigned (delegated) marker.
- Daily-digest email notifications.
4. View submissions
You can access submissions you're assigned to mark in the Grade Centre via Needs Grading.
Both options open the Grade Assignment page, where you view submissions and mark inline. In the action bar, you can view how many submissions are in your queue.
All instructors have the ability to view marks, feedback and notes provided by other instructors.
After you enter a mark, a Needs Reconciliation icon appears in the Grade Centre cell. No score appears until an instructor reconciles the mark.
5. Reconcile marks notifications
- Needs Grading: Needs Reconciliation appears on the action bar.
- Grade Centre grid: Needs Reconciliation icon appears in cells.
- Daily-digest email notifications, if enabled.
6. Reconcile marks
This feedback form is for web page URLs that begin with 'teachlearn' e.g. https://teachlearn.leedsbeckett.ac.uk
Page last updated: 20/02/2020