- Teaching and Learning
- Development and Training
- The Learning Pathway
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
MyBeckett / Turnitin student inductions
This guide is for staff who wish to request a student induction or workshop that will be delivered by members of the Digital Learning Service.
2. Book a student induction
You can book a MyBeckett or Turnitin induction using a form on the Training tab in MyBeckett. Our sessions are 15 to 20 minutes long, depending on what you would like us to include.
Please note that we process requests on a first come, first served basis. If we are unable to deliver an induction during your requested time slot, we will contact you to arrange an alternative.
a. Log into MyBeckett with your staff username and password.
b. Go to the Training tab. This tab is only available to staff.
c.Locate the Book a MyBeckett / Turnitin Induction for Students channel.
e. Complete the booking request form, filling in all fields.
3. Summary of induction topics
During our MyBeckett induction sessions we take students on a brief tour of MyBeckett, showing them what’s essential to them at the start of their course. You can get an idea of the content from the list below.
- Brief introduction to MyBeckett – what it is, where to find it, how to log in, what to do if students can’t log in.
- Student email and timetable.
- Module list – how to access it, what to do if it seems to be incorrect.
- Accessing files from home with web files / OneDrive / Google Drive
- Password manager / updating student data.
- Print top-up and campus card PIN.
- Library help site – where to go for guides / video guides.
- Blackboard app – what it is, how to get it.
Our Turnitin induction sessions provide an introduction to the Turnitin submission process.
- Brief introduction to Turnitin – what it is, where to find it, how it works.
- Demonstration of how to submit an assignment.
- Demonstration of how to access and download a submission receipt.
- Optional demonstration of how to access Turnitin feedback.
4. Other inductions and workshops
To enquire about PebblePad inductions or workshops, please contact us via the details at the bottom of this page.
Contact Digital Learning
This feedback form is for web page URLs that begin with 'teachlearn' e.g. https://teachlearn.leedsbeckett.ac.uk
For other pages / comments, please use the What's Your View form on the page.
Page last updated: 18/01/2020