MyBeckett staff guides
Step by step guides for staff
What is MyBeckett?
Important Update: During August 2020 TeachLearn content will not be updated whilst this website is undergoing maintenance.
We have created a temporary placeholder document for any urgent updates regarding MyBeckett and Digital Learning staff guides.
MyBeckett is our University Portal and Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It allows staff and students to access a range of systems, services, module teaching materials, online assessments and feedback tools.
It's heavily customised by the Digital Learning Service, based on student and staff feedback. Students and staff see relevant, personalised content when they log in. Distance Learning and some Franchise Partner students have their own personalised portal view.
- Our contact details are available at the bottom of each guide and on our About us page (Tip: bookmark it).
- Staff can book on to training and webinars via People Development. Online training modules and our new Eventbrite page webinars on top topics.
- Our staff guides show you easy, recommended ways to harness MyBeckett functionality for the benefit of your students.
- Our guide to what's new and what's changed in MyBeckett provides an overview of recent updates.
- Please sign post your students for support, guidance and student guides via the Library website.
The list below contain all relevant links to our staff guides to MyBeckett at Leeds Beckett University.
Basics, navigation and content creation
2. Identifying e-books for online delivery
3. Request digitised readings
4. Add journal articles to MyBeckett
5. ERA licence
6. Scan print materials for MyBeckett
7. Use copyright material in education
8. Diversifying your reading lists
9. Searching for inclusive resources
10. BAME resources - student recommendations
11. Reading lists - best practice
12. Reading lists - research
Communication and collaboration
Module management and student engagement
3. Manage HTML content permissions
4. Date Management
5. Set up a web folder to upload multiple files (webDAV)
Online assessment and feedback
2. Create an anonymous assignment
3. Create a Qwickly cloud assignment
4. Create and attach a rubric
5. Set up delegated marking
6. Hide marks from students (settings checklist)
7. Manage video submissions
8. Divide submissions into sub-groups
9. Self and peer assessment
10. Clear a Blackboard assignment attempt
2. Coming August 2020: Mark and leave feedback using Blackboard Annotate
3. Retiring in August 2020: Mark assignments in Box View
4. Retiring in August 2020: Leave assignment feedback for students in Box View
5. Release feedback to students
6. Bulk download assignment submissions
2. Create a test
3. Create a test pool (bank of questions)
4. Create a question set
5. Edit and reuse a test
6. Create a survey
7. Test / survey question types
8. Calculated formula questions
9. Run question analysis on a test
10. Respondus: Edit test / survey questions offline (and upload them to modules)
11. Copy a test to another module
12. Negative marking in tests
13. Enterprise survey tool
2. Change the order of Grade Centre columns
3. Apply a filter to Grade Centre
4. Grade Centre smart views
5. Mark and leave feedback in Grade Centre
6. Show / hide Grade Centre columns
7. Upload marks from a spreadsheet
8. Download student marks in bulk
9. Create a weighted total column in Grade Centre
10. Create and manage achievements