MyBeckett staff guides
Step by step guides for staff
What is MyBeckett?
This page contains links to staff guides to MyBeckett. Student guides are available on the Library website.
MyBeckett is our University Portal and Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It allows staff and students to access a range of systems, services, module teaching materials, online assessments and feedback tools. It's heavily customised by the Digital Learning Service, based on student and staff feedback. Our guide to what's new and what's changed in MyBeckett provides an overview of recent updates.
Students and staff see relevant, personalised content when they log in. Distance Learning students have their own portal view, as do some Franchise Partner students.
Need more help?
- Our contact details are available at the bottom of each guide, and on our About us page.
- Staff can book face-to-face training and webinars via People Development. Online training modules are also available for some topics.
- Our staff guides show you easy, recommended ways to harness MyBeckett functionality for the benefit of your students.
Basics, navigation and content creation
Communication and collaboration
Module management and student engagement
3. Manage HTML content permissions
4. Date Management
5. Set up a web folder to upload multiple files (webDAV)
Online assessment and feedback
2. Create an anonymous assignment
3. Create a Qwickly cloud assignment
4. Create and attach a rubric
5. Set up delegated marking
6. Hide marks from students (settings checklist)
7. Manage video submissions
8. Divide submissions into sub-groups
9. Self and peer assessment
10. Clear a Blackboard assignment attempt
2. Create a test
3. Create a test pool (bank of questions)
4. Create a test based on a question set
5. Edit and reuse a test
6. Create a survey
7. Test / survey question types
8. Calculated formula questions
9. Test access log
10. Run question analysis on a test
11. Edit test / survey questions offline (and upload them to modules)
12. Copy a test to another module
13. Negative marking in tests
14. Enterprise survey tool
2. Change the order of Grade Centre columns
3. Apply a filter to Grade Centre
4. Grade Centre smart views
5. Mark and leave feedback in Grade Centre
6. Show / hide Grade Centre columns
7. Upload marks from a spreadsheet
8. Download student marks in bulk
9. Create a weighted total column in Grade Centre
10. Create and manage achievements